Vermiculite can also aid propagation when used as a top layer, as it reduces evaporation and can help ensure the seed case is lost. Using Vermiculite also reduces plant stress in extreme weather conditions due to its insulation properties.
Vermiculite is safe to handle, odourless, lightweight and easy-to-use.
- Improves air balance
- Increases water retention
- Helps to maintain an even temperature
- Holds and makes the available nutrients readily available for plants due to ‘cation exchange’ properties
Vermiculite can be used:
- Alone as a seed starting medium or mixed with compost at 50/50 rate.
- For seed germination, pricking out, potting-on and plants in containers or tubs.
- Used for pricking out or potting on.
- In larger pots and containers to decrease the weight and improve water retention.
Within 5-7 days
Sowing & Growing
Seed only orders
P&P on seed only orders is just £2.45.
A single £4.95 P&P charge per order no matter how many items are ordered (to one address - UK only).
(i.e. plants and garden hardware)
Orders containing a mix of seed and non-seed items
For orders containing a mix of seed and non-seed items a combined P&P charge (£7.40 - £2.45 to cover the seed items and £4.95 to cover the cost of non-seed items) will apply. This is due to the vast majority of live products, hardware and seed items being sent out from separate warehouses and the costs involved.