Rootgrow for bare rooted plants 360g
Despatches Within 5-7 days
Rootgrow Gel is formulated to work with bare rooted plants ONLY, such as hedging, fruit canes, roses and trees.
Rootgrow contains mycorrhizal fungi which are soil inhabiting microorganisms, together with an inert clay carrier which acts as a substrate for the fungi to grow through and a few bio-additives which enhance mycorrhizal colonisation.
In most soils the level of mycorrhizal fungi living close to the plants roots is not high enough for plants to benefit from this special relationship where the plants are suppling carbon and sugars to fungus in return for lifetime nutrient supply.
Rootgrow is easy to use and one application will last a life time. In a matter of weeks, after planting, the mycorrhizal fungi can increase the active root area of plants by up to 700 times resulting in:
- Earlier, better and more balanced growth resulting in more abundant flowers and fruit
- Healthier and more dense root system
- Increased ability to uptake nutrients from the soil, (the network of mycorrhizal fungi act like a net catching nutrients and preventing leaching)
- Better drought tolerance (due to the vast fungal root making best use of all available soil moisture)
- Better uptake of fertilisers and reduced need for synthetic or chemical fertilisers
- Increased uptake of sequestered elements (the ultra-fine fungal strands can unlock nutrients from the soil)
- Reduced mortality of plants, especially specimen plants, roses and plants that are difficult to establish, or plants being transplanted (the mycorrhizal fungi colonise weak or damaged roots and start transferring nutrients and water to the rose much faster than its own roots)
- Stabilisation of surface
- Improved resistance to soil pathogens and environmental stress
How to use:
1. Take a large bucket and fill with 4ltr of water
2. Sprinkle the contents of the gel powder sachet into the water and stir well
3. Leave for 5 minutes then add the dry Rootgrow granules and stir well (the granules should be suspended evenly throughout the thick liquid)
4. Dip the plant roots into the solution ensuring even coverage
5. Lift the plants out and allow the excess to drain back in to the bucket and plant immediately
For bare root plants:
Cell or vines - 3 ml per plant (125/150 treated plants per pack)
1ft: 3ml per plant (125/150 treated plants per pack)
1/2ft: 4ml per plant (90/120 treated plants per pack)
2/3ft: 5ml per plant (70/100 treated plants per pack)
3/4ft: 7ml per plant (50/75 treated plants per pack)
4/5ft: 9ml per plant (40/60 treated plants per pack)
5/6ft: 10ml per plant (35/10 treated plants per pack)
Rose (2/3ft): 10ml per plant (35/50 treated plants per pack)
Fertilisers & Soil Improvers
360g pouch plus gel
Seed only orders
P&P on seed only orders is just £2.45.
A single £4.95 P&P charge per order no matter how many items are ordered (to one address - UK only).
(i.e. plants and garden hardware)
Orders containing a mix of seed and non-seed items
For orders containing a mix of seed and non-seed items a combined P&P charge (£7.40 - £2.45 to cover the seed items and £4.95 to cover the cost of non-seed items) will apply. This is due to the vast majority of live products, hardware and seed items being sent out from separate warehouses and the costs involved.