The History of Woolmans
In this Pathe film dating from 1958 John Woolman, son of Henry Woolman who founded our company in 1881 can be seen tending Chrysanthemums in the Woolmans nursery.
To find out more about our history, follow the links below:
- Woolman, J., Greenfingers – an autobiography of John Woolman, Shirley, Warwickshire, Eclipse Printers, 1967.
- Brookman, L. A., University of Birmingham, School for Lifelong Learning, Level 2 Garden History 2003.
- Crane, D. B., Chrysanthemums for Garden and Greenhouse. London, W H & L Collingridge, 1909.
- Molyneux, E., Chrysanthemums and their Culture, Fourth Edition, London, 1889, p42 and others.
- The Chrysanthemum Annual, National Chrysanthemum Society, Merton Surrey, 1887
- The Chrysanthemum, The Chrysanthemum Press Ltd., London 1953 Vol 3 No 4.
- Woolman, J. F., Hospital Ship, Brewin Books, Studley, 2001.