Ericoid Rootgrow with Mycorrhizal Fungi 200g
Rootgrow contains mycorrhizal fungi which are soil inhabiting microorganisms together with an inert clay carrier which acts as a substrate for the fungi to grow through and a few bio-additives which enhance mycorrhizal colonisation.
In most soils the level of mycorrhizal fungi living close to the plants roots is not high enough for plants to benefit from this special relationship where the plants are suppling carbon and sugars to fungus in return for lifetime nutrient supply.
Rootgrow is easy to use (sprinkle in the bottom of the planting hole), one application will last a life time. Comes with a handy 10ml scoop. In a matter of weeks, after planting, the mycorrhizal fungi can increase the active root area of plants by up to 700 times resulting in:
- earlier, better and more balanced growth resulting in more abundant flowers and fruit
- healthier and more dense root system
- increased ability to uptake nutrients from the soil, (the network of mycorrhizal fungi act like a net catching nutrients and preventing leaching)
- better drought tolerance (due to the vast fungal root making best use of all available soil moisture)
- better uptake of fertilisers and reduced need for synthetic or chemical fertilisers
- increased uptake of sequestered elements (the ultra-fine fungal strands can unlock nutrients from the soil)
- reduced mortality of plants, especially specimen plants, roses and plants that are difficult to establish, or plants being transplanted (the mycorrhizal fungi colonise weak or damaged roots and start transferring nutrients and water to the rose much faster than its own roots)
- Stabilisation of surface
- Improved resistance to soil pathogens and environmental stress
2ltr pot - 2 x 10ml scoops per plant
5ltr pot - 4 x 10ml scoops per plant
10/15ltr pot - 7 x 10ml scoops per plant
25ltr pot - 12x 10ml scoops per plant
50ltr pot - 16x 10ml scoops per plant
How to Use: Use the correct dosage (see application rates), sprinkle the granules into the planting hole making sure that the plant's roots come in to direct contact.