Lavender angustifolia Hidcote
One tray of 30 garden ready plants is enough for a hedge 10 metres long!
With its outstanding garden performance throughout the summer, Lavender Hidcote is much famed for its dense spikes of highly fragrant, deep violet-purple flowers above silver-grey and aromatic foliage. UK grown and named after Hidcote Manor in Gloucestershire, it is the best variety for creating an aromatic hedge or for edging borders, paths and driveways. The flowers are adored by bees and other nectar-loving insects.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit variety with highly scented flowers and a height and spread of 60 x 75cm / 24 x 30in
- One tray of 30 garden ready plants is enough for a hedge 10 metres long!
- The best culinary variety for flavouring cakes, biscuits and other desserts
- Plant in a dry sunny spot, it works well in patio containers and is often used in gravel type gardens
- Drought resistant and fully hardy, it will flower year after year from July to September
Plant Class: Hardy Perennial (HP)
Habit: Bushy, Upright
Lavender angustifolia Hidcote is a wonderfully fragrant, small, evergreen shrub, suitable for containers or any well-drained position in full sun. Plant 30cm/12in apart. Trim back every year after flowering.