Rootgrow Bulb Starter - Fertiliser
- Earlier, better and more balanced growth resulting in more abundant flowers
- Healthier and more dense root system
- Increased ability to uptake nutrients from the soil, (the network of mycorrhizal fungi act like a net catching nutrients and preventing leaching)
- Better drought tolerance (due to the vast fungal root making best use of all available soil moisture)
- Better uptake of fertilisers and reduced need for synthetic or chemical fertilisers
- Increased uptake of sequestered elements (the ultra-fine fungal strands can unlock nutrients from the soil)
- Reduced mortality of plants
- Improved resistance to soil pathogens and environmental stress
Bulb Starter Contains vermiculite to ensure good drainage and soil aeration and rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi, to give your bulbs a perfect partner for life in the root zone. Also contains seaweed meal as a source of natural auxins to stimulate root development and humates as a source of organic acids for both the treated bulb and soil microorganisms.
Good for bulbs such as Tulips, Daffodils and alliums, corms such us Freesias and Crocosmia, stem tubers such as potatoes and Begonias and root tubers such as Dahlias and Day Lilies.
Use 5 to 10grams for small bulbs or corms, 10 to 20 grams for large bulbs or tubers. One palmfull is approx. 10g. Place bulb starter in to the base of the planting hole, plant directly on to the bulbs, backfill and water.
Treats up to 50 bulbs.